We can’t forget the true purpose of Middle School Fundamentals. To prepare these youths for the future, not only as athletes, but also as healthy adults. Research has shown that early fitness related experiences hold the greatest correlation to adult fitness levels. One of our primary goals is to give these athletes a fun and exciting environment where they can improve their performance and create a passion for fitness and wellness.
During these years the athletes are primed to learn and develop a large amount of skill and ability. They are capable of making significant gains in a multitude of bio-motor abilities such as speed, endurance, strength and coordination. This will surely lead to short-term successes in their sport or activity but also set them up for long term performance improvements, as well, that can span throughout their athletic careers. We structure our training around this concept and our athletes should expect to work on and improve in the follow abilities:
- Total Body Strength and Power – The Holy Grail of Athleticism. Getting strong and powerful is vital to any athlete looking to improve speed and on-field performance.
- Acceleration – Better starting speed and the initial “burst”.
- Deceleration – Perfect landing, stopping, cutting, absorbing and reducing speed and forces.
- Dynamic Stability – Balance and the ability to maintain position in the presence of outside forces.
- Energy System Development – Aerobic and Anaerobic endurance.
- Core Strength and Stability – The ability to control the torso to produce and reduce forces in movements like throwing, kicking, tackling, running and jumping.
- Resilience – The ability to withstand injuries and trauma associated with sports.
- Confidence – Knowing you put in the work and have the foundation of strength and power to display your skills is the true key to performing at high levels.
- Outlook on Fitness – Our atmosphere, riddled with fun, should give these athletes a better view of fitness and health.